Meandering Em's

Passion is books, photography, running and traveling. Also passionate about environmental issues.

The Real Macaw - Donna Andrews When I need to relax because life is hectic or depressing, I read my new favorite author, Donna Andrews. This book continues with the complicated life of Meg Langslow. Having four-month old twins hasn't lessened the chaos her relatives cause in her life. This time her father and grandfather with other animal lovers have illegally moved animals from the animal shelter to her house without her knowledge. The thief is complicated by a murder of one of the volunteers who had promised to transport the animals to new homes. Before this can be solved, the town's economic and political woes raise their ugly head. Are all these events related? Only Meg can determine that.Please note that I am reading this as I watch the political nonsense in Washington! Corrupt politicians are the norm in real life!

The Waiting Years
Fumiko Enchi
Progress: 94/208 pages
Project Puffin: The Improbable Quest to Bring a Beloved Seabird Back to Egg Rock
Derrick Z. Jackson, Stephen W. Kress