Meandering Em's

Passion is books, photography, running and traveling. Also passionate about environmental issues.

Murder in Mesopotamia (Hercule Poirot, #14) - Agatha Christie Another engrossing story by Agatha Christie. This time the narrator is a nurse in Iraq who is asked to look after a woman at an archaeological dig. This woman is supposedly getting anonymous letters, threatening her life. Her fears are disrupting everyone at the dig and so the nurse is hired to find ways to calm her. Alas, the woman is murdered instead.Hercule Poirot just happens to be passing through and comes to investigate the death. We see him work through the critical eyes of the nurse. Of course, he solves the case with his usual panache.I thought the murder was improbable and the solution rather far-fetched, so the book only got three stars from me (3.5 if Goodreads allowed it.) However, Mrs. Christie has a wonderful, succinct way of bringing alive her characters and, as always, the book was easy to read.

The Waiting Years
Fumiko Enchi
Progress: 94/208 pages
Project Puffin: The Improbable Quest to Bring a Beloved Seabird Back to Egg Rock
Derrick Z. Jackson, Stephen W. Kress